CSA FAQThe Child support agency (CSA) is tasked with determining how much child maintenance is due and how this payment should be collected. Determining child maintenance can create a number of issues and problems for both of the parents. Here you can find the answers to some of the most common CSA FAQ, as well as contact information for calling the CSA contact number

How can child maintenance payments be made?

Child maintenance payments can be arranged directly between the parents. In this case the paying parent will provide child maintenance directly to the recipient parent. Another option is to pay child maintenance from the paying parents earnings. This can be set up by the CSA in agreement with their employer. Finally payments can be paid by direct debit. The service manager can help set this up. You can contact the CSA on their helpline telephone number 0843 487 1816 to arrange payments. The helpline is available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Who is the receiving parent of child maintenance payments?

The receiving parent is the one which has day-to-day care of the child. The paying parents are responsible for child maintenance and doesn’t have day-to-day care of the child.

What happens if the paying parent is in arrears?

In the case that a paying parent is in child maintenance arrears they will be asked to pay the full amount immediately. They can pay this either from their bank or using a debit or credit card. In some circumstances they will be able to play the arrears in installments.

What should you do if you have a complaint about CSA or your child maintenance payments?

If you have any complaints about the CSA or your child maintenance payments you can contact the complaints resolution team. The complaints resolution team will try to resolve your complaint within 15 working days. If it is unable to resolve your complaint within this time frame they will discuss a time table with you.

What can you do if I am not happy with the complaints resolution team?

If you are not happy with the service that you have been provided by the complaints resolution team then you still have options. You can contact the complaints review team who will look at your case. If you have been through the complete complaints process then you can ask an Independent Case Examiner to look at your complaint. You can contact an Independent Case Examiner on the telephone line 0843 487 1816. Finally you can talk to your MP in order to get a Parliamentary and health service Ombudsman to look into the case.

If you have a CSA FAQ that has not been answered here you should contact the CSA telephone support line helpline at 0843 487 1816. A CSA support staff member will be able to assist you with your query and help you resolve your problem.